Image Map

21 Apr 2014

FOUNDATION WEEK - BOURJOIS 123 PERFECT



Today's foundation is one that I've had for a while and actually hauled on this blog - Bourjois 123 Perfect Foundation






What they say:

Bourjois 1.2.3. Perfect Foundation gives a flawless even complexion* for 16hrs, thanks to a new generation formula.
3 correcting pigments for zero imperfections:
  1. Yellow pigments: Anti dark circles
  2. Mauve pigments: Anti dull complexion
  3. Green pigments: Anti redness
  • 24hr hydration and anti-shine: cotton flower extract
  • SPF 10
  • Medium coverage, yet lets skin breathe
  • Soft and smooth formula for a second skin finish

What I say:

I applied this using my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush just to keeping things fair between the foundations that I try this week. I found that this applied really well with the brush although I did have to pat it down a little with my fingers to remove some streaky areas. The coverage is meduim and dewy - a look that I LOVE  - but I was pretty disappointed to see that my rosacea shows through this even after building up the product. 

This does not sink into my pores, doesn't smell, doesn't break me out and has a lovely finish. It does transfer onto clothes so I would say to set this with powder. This works well on my dry to combination skin but I would maybe look further into it if you have particularly oily skin as I have a strange feeling that it may melt away - I've not yet tried this in hot weather.

So here's what I think of Bourjois claim:


  1. Yellow pigments: Anti dark circles - can't comment - I used concealer before applying the foundation and a little more after which I guess suggests that it didn't do the best job for me. however, it is very glowy so if you just have a tiny bit of darkness you probably wouldn't need concealer. I Imagine this is good with dark spots on skin too.
  2. Mauve pigments: Anti dull complexion - Very true - I completely agree with this! Gives a lovely finish and definitely brightens my dull looking skin.
  3. Green pigments: Anti redness - Hard one this. The foundation certainly covers the minor redness around my nose but does not cover my rosacea. I'd say for a normal amount of redness this would be fine but not for redness on my scale. I will say that the colour I have in this is WAY to dark for my skin which probably isn't helping with the covering? maybe? I want this to be right!!
  • 24hr hydration and anti-shine: cotton flower extract - very hydrating on my skin and dewy not shiney- agree
  • SPF 10 - great - no flash back in photos so far
  • Medium coverage, yet lets skin breathe - light to medium by my standards  - buildable and doesn't feel heavy 
  • Soft and smooth formula for a second skin finish - I think that this is natural looking - more a day time foundation than something for a night out.

Overall? I think that this is a really nice foundation. I wore this today for about 6 hours and only saw a little bit of break up around my T zone. I have worn this at work for 10 hours before and I would say it needs to be touched up to stay flawless but it stays pretty well compared to other drugstore foundations I've tried.

I would buy this again - it's not perfect but will be lovely for summer and for days when my skin is looking a bit better and I'm not too worried about the coverage. This is a product that I'd like to always have in my collection but not my everyday foundation. I'd recommend trying it out. You can pick a bottle up here for just £10.99






No comments:

Post a Comment