Image Map

23 Apr 2014

FOUNDATION WEEK - KEVYN AUCOIN SENSUAL SKIN ENHANCER


So this one has taken me multiple tries to decide what I think but I want to love it so much! - the Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer





This is a product that I've had for a long time and my opinion changes on it every time I use it!! It's a teeny tiny pot of a thick 'skin enhancer' - this isn't strictly a foundation and I find it best to be used a concealer. 

I used to use this product all the time as a foundation by just blending away at it with a stippling brush - and when I say 'blending away' I mean you really do have to blend, blend, blend. It's so thick that it's quite difficult to move on the face and requires a lot of effort to stop it from looking cakey. It is buildable but there's not much need as this is very, very high coverage when used in this way. It covers everything, spots, discolouration on the face, under eye circles and even my rosacea. If you have the time to blend this out properly it really does give a flawless finish. I wouldn't call it dewy but it's certainly not matte, it's a nice middle ground. It doesn't sink into my pores and while it doesn't stay put all day it does for a good few hours on my skin, and when it starts to move I find just going over it again with a brush or some powder sorts it out.

So, why is this not my wonder foundation? To be honest I just do not have  time for this! I want to spend 10 minutes on my make up on a morning before work not an hour! If this isn't blended and worked into the skin enough I find it ends up looking cakey, thick and almost sticky. Everything I don't want!

This morning I applied this by mixing it with my daily moisturiser and was over the moon with the results. It took barely any blending at all, kept 80% of the coverage and still looked flawless although slightly shinier. Using this product in this way is much more moisturising for your skin and feels lighter when you're wearing it too . Lovely.

What's my problem now you ask? It just didn't wear well on my skin. Now, to be fair I wore this from 7 am to 6 pm without touching it up at all so for 11 hours wear it did pretty well, but just not well enough for my picky tastes! it moved on my face and creased to a point where it looked like I needed to reapply or wash my face! Again, this was 11 hours so I did need to wash my face and I wasn't expecting it to still be flawless, but I would have liked it to be a little less obvious that it needed sorting out.

I can see this being a product that I will battle with for years to come. I just can not make up my mind!!

I would 100% repurchase this even if I make the decision that it will never be the foundation for me, It is an amazing concealer and although the little pot only holds 18g of product this is so highly pigmented that you only need a smidgen at a time - less than a pea for your entire face - and it will last for a very long time! I feel that I'll get a lot of use out of this as a foundation when I'm travelling as it is so small and easy to transport and it is so multi- use for a short period of time I could use this as my foundation and concealer!

I also think I will get a lot of use out of this through summer as mixing it with moisturiser can turn this into a great alternative for tinted moisturiser. It's almost DIY allowing you to build the coverage and pigmentation. I would only use it like this on days when I won't be doing much though - I don' t think I'll be using it again for work!

I'd recommend everyone tries out this if you haven't already. It's on the pricier side at £35 but it will honestly last you for so long (I didn't believe the girl at the counter when she told me that!) and if nothing else it really is one of the best concealers I've ever tried. Every review that I read of this seems to be positive! Everyone seems to love it I just need to learn how!! You can pick up a pot for yourself here, it comes in a variety of shades so I'm sure there'll be one to match you!

Let me know if you've used this before and how you think it works best! How do you apply this for the best flawless foundation finish?



No comments:

Post a Comment