Image Map

20 Apr 2014

FOUNDATION WEEK - ESTEE LAUDER DOUBLE WEAR



Happy Easter Sunday eveyone!! and welcome to Foundation week.

The first foundation that I will be talking about this week is the Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay In Place Makeup.




What they say:

'Keeps skin looking fabulous, breathing comfortably through heat, humidity and activity without changing colour, fading or coming off on clothes. Natural matte finish and SPF10 sunscreen to protect skin. Application tip: For best results, apply your Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup SPF 10 with a Foundation Brush on top of your Repair and Moisturiser products.'

What I say:

I applied this today using my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush (which is really nice by the way) and found that using this method I had to use quite a lot of product. I have no idea if this is a regular thing with this foundation, if it's the brush I was using or if I'm just greedy with coverage but it isn't a big problem. One thing that I loved about applying this is that I was able to layer it over the areas that I wanted more coverage without it caking, even on my dry skin. My rosacea peaked through this a teeny tiny bit - much less than any other foundation I've tried and just enough to leave me with a healthy glow.

This did settle into my pores a little bit but again no worse than any other foundation I've tried. It gives a matte finish so if that's not what you're after this is not for you. Personally I didn't mind it and it didn't cling to any dry patches I have.

My powder and concealer blended nicely with this and it hasn't oxidised at all through the day. I've spent the day playing with my two year old niece in a rather cold garden and to be honest I can't see much change in my makeup - pretty good!

Overall I'd recomend this product to anyone looking for something long-lasting and high coverage. I'd say it probably looks a little better on people with oily skin but I haven't had any problems with my dryness. 

To be completely honest as much as I like this I can't say whether or not I would buy this again as it's not quite the holy-grail foundation that I'm looking for but I will certainly finish this happily before starting to look at other options.

You can get yours here for £28.50 - not a bad price for a good product.

If you have anything to ask me about this foundation please feel free to comment below or ask me via Twitter :)



No comments:

Post a Comment